Home Improvements that Matter to Young Adults
Millennials, who make up the largest share of home buyers, are looking for properties in move-in condition and want to avoid the expense of significant repairs. As such, your sellers may want to invest in updates that will be most appealing to these younger buyers.
Below is a list of modest home improvements to get your seller’s home noticed and boost its perceived value in a competitive market:
Refresh the Kitchen
Top kitchen upgrades for an instant boost may include:
- Introduce modern lighting options with fixtures in different materials (metals, woods, rattan) and geometric shapes.
- Swap outdated faucets and cabinet hardware for more contemporary, full-functioning styles in trending finishes.
- Rather than completely replacing dark, dated, and worn cabinets, simply repaint them in a bright white or soft gray hue to brighten and enlarge the space.
- Replace or refinish damaged or dull hardwood floors to make the room shine.
Enhance Curb Appeal
Make the best first impression for buyers—even before they step foot in the door—by investing in the exterior of the property by sprucing up curb appeal:
- Replace siding, garage doors, entry doors, and windows for greatest return on investment.
- Refresh landscaping by trimming bushes, weeding, eliminating dead shrubs/trees, and manicuring the lawn.
- Power-wash and make any necessary repairs to siding, windows, walkways, and steps.
Revive the Dining Room
Be sure to present the dining room as spacious, inviting, and elegant.
- The best way to make the space feel larger and enhance the room’s features is by covering dark walls with neutral paint.
- Replace traditional chandeliers with chic, contemporary fixtures to set a more sophisticated tone.
- Spruce up the dining room table with a stylish table setting.
Give the Bathroom an Update
Potential buyers evaluate bathrooms both functionally and visually.
- Start by fixing leaky faucets and shower heads, worn caulking, broken toilets, or chipped tile.
- Replace outdated lighting in modern designs and finishes to instantly set the mood and add sophisticated style.
- Change out damaged and dated countertops with marble or quartz and/or paint darker-colored vanities with an on-trend neutral or soft color.
May 18, 2020.Realtor Magazine. These Home Improvements Matter Most to Young Adults.
Retrieved from: https://www.nar.realtor/blogs/styled-staged-sold/these-home-improvements-matter-most-to-young-adults
Talk to a knowledgeable Transaction Coordinator today! For your Transaction Coordination needs, Reach us via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call us: 407-801-2634 Check out our website: http://www.desiredrealestateservices.com/